Thursday, June 2, 2011

Why Must We Label People?

You know what I don't understand? I don't understand why so many folks insist on labeling people. Ladies and gentlemen, you know the kind of thing I mean..............

"The queer from ABC Company."

"The rag head across the street."

"That dyke in accounting."

"The spics down the block."

"That fat bastard who works at the hardware store."

"The kike who cuts our grass."

Really, dear readers, this kind of thing really grates on my nerves. Must we address other human beings in such derogatory and disrespectful terms? Can we not celebrate our differences without insulting each other?

Here is an idea. Everyone has a name. Why don't we try using them instead of these inane labels?

Peace and love, my brothers and sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment