Monday, June 6, 2011

Sarah Palin's Revisionist History

Well, folks, have you heard the latest on Sarah Palin's "Revere-gate" flap? She is now claiming that she was, in fact, correct when she stated that Paul Revere warned the British during his famous midnight ride. To make it worse, it would appear that some of her supporters have been trying to edit Wikipedia to Palin's revised version of American history.

Let's Here From Revere Himself

Palin Screwed Up Again? Just Rewrite History......

Ladies and gentlemen, I don't know which is worse. The fact that Sarah Sixpacck won't just admit she made a mistake or that her fan club is trying to rewrite our nation's history. I guess Palin's refusal to admit an error shouldn't come as a surprise. This is the same person who didn't know the duties of the vice-president when she was a candidate for that very office, couldn't name a Supreme Court ruling with which she disagreed, and has no grasp of foreign policy. Her inability to articulate herself and put together a logical train of thoughts would be laughable, save the fact that a segment of our populace, for reasons I cannot fathom, actually think this late night TV punch line is a viable candidate for leader of the free world.

I must say that it is equally disturbing that some of Palin's supporters have taken it upon themselves to update Wikipedia, and heaven knows what else, to try to change history to suit her new version of Paul Revere's ride. Some of the same Tea Party members that like to read the Constitution during their rallies, that like to act as though they are the only real Americans left, and that like to tout their unflappable knowledge of our country and her history now want to rewrite history to cover another of their poster child's gaffes? Shameful.

My father is a very wise man, and he taught me that "when (I) am up to my nose in s**t, (I) should keep my mouth shut". Perhaps Palin and her supporters should take his advice.

Peace and love, my brothers and sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment