Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Rep. Weiner, We Are Awaiting Your Resignation

You know what I don't understand? I don't understand why Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-NY) is still in office. He sent lurid photos of himself to females on social networking websites, he had X-rated conversations online and over the phone, and he may very well have used his taxpayer funded office to carry out these tasteless activities. Yet, he still occupies that office while the leadership of his own party calls for an ethics investigation. Why?

Weiner-Gate Continues

I do have to say I am a bit bemused by the Republican shrieking and wailing about Weiner's indiscretions. I can only speak for myself, dear readers, but I find it very difficult to swallow the party of Larry Craig, Mark Sanford, John Ensign, Mark Foley, and Arnold Schwarzenegger's blathering about Weiner's immoral behavior, lack of respect for his marriage, lack of "family values", and so on.

That being established, Weiner knowingly engaged in lurid behavior, tried to cover it up, bold face lied about it, and possibly abused taxpayer funds in the process. I am a liberal Democrat, and I say that you, sir, are a disgrace to our party, the House of Representatives, our nation, and yourself. It is no wonder so many average Americans hold politicians in such contempt. Save us all the time and embarrassment of seeing you and your family drug through the mud by the media and the ethics committee, and resign your seat immediately.

Assuming you have the common sense and decency to do so, here is hoping that you will never be seen, nor heard from, again. Good riddance to bad garbage.

Peace and love, my brothers and sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment