Monday, July 25, 2011

Some Thoughts As Same Sex Marriage Begins In New York

Same sex marriage is a topic that is often visited on this site.  As same sex marriage takes effect in New York, I want to share a few thoughts and a couple of articles on the subject.  After which, I would be interested in hearing your thoughts and opinions, dear readers.
I am obviously thrilled with the turn of events in New York.  Considering that this country was founded on equality and equal protection under the law, I have never understood the steadfast denial of the basic right to marry (see "pursuit of happiness" in the Constitution for further information) to this segment of our population.  By the same token, I have never understood the religious objections to same sex marriage when same sex marriage is predominately directed toward civil marriage, which will allow equal legal protection for same sex couples. 

It only seems fitting that same sex couples are afforded the same rights as everyone else.

Why Same Sex Marriage Is Good For Straight America


Sweet Victory

Peace and love, my brothers and sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment