Thursday, July 28, 2011

Do People Have No Pride In Themselves Anymore???

You know what I don't understand?  I don't understand why people seem to take no pride in themselves. 

Allow me to elaborate................

This morning, I had blood drawn at a local hospital for a routine physical exam.  While I was waiting to go back to be poked, I was subjected to the following individuals.

A sixty-something woman wearing pink short shorts and a skin tight pink tank top with no bra.  Her hair looked as if it hadn't been washed for several days, and she was wearing flip-flops.  Yeah, that just oozes with class, doesn't it?

A twenty-something female who, for reasons I just can't fathom, apparently decided that the hospital phone in the waiting room was her private line as she spent the entire time making and receiving (yes, receiving) calls on it.  Of course, all of us in the waiting area were subjected to her extremely loud and rude diatribes directed at the person, or persons, on the other end of the line.  She was able to tear herself away from the phone long enough to slurp down about half dozen Cokes in less than an hour.  I mean, I like Coke, but DAMN!!!!!!!  Then, she had the audacity to ask the staff if one of them could go get her a sandwich because her ride was delayed.  Seriously?  How about to trot your sorry self to the cafeteria instead of thinking that hospital property and staff are your personal belongings?

A forty something woman (No, I am not picking on the ladies.  It just happened that the most obnoxious were female today.) who obviously didn't realize that overweight women shouldn't wear tops that are two sizes too small.  (I am a fat boy myself, but I have the common decency to wear my clothes baggy!!!)  As if that weren't bad enough, her shirt had a HUGE stain in the middle of it.  Then, there was her sodding cell phone.  She couldn't possibly have had the foresight to put the bloody thing on vibrate.  Oh, no, far better to have the ring tone volume cranked to ten, and her ring tones were incredibly annoying, including the theme from "Cops".  I've no idea what this person did for a living, but she must have been important since said cell phone rang about every 37 seconds!!!  Of course, she also felt like she needed to scream into her phone.  I really think a lot of these folks could save money on cell phones, if they would just stick their heads out the window and yell..........    In this case, maybe she could use the saving to wash the clothing she already owns and purchase some that fits!!!!

The scary part about this is that there were only five total people, including yours truly here, in the waiting area, so fully sixty percent of the folks there behaved like buffoons.  Unfortunately, this is not an isolated incident.  I guess my point, dear readers, is this.  What ever happened to wearing decent clothing in public?  I mean, you don't have to dress up.  I was wearing gym shorts and a t-shirt, but my clothes were clean, and they matched, and they fit.  How has it become acceptable to wear filthy clothes that don't fit in public places? 

Further, whatever happened to conducting oneself with a bit of dignity and class?  Must you yap nonstop on your cell phone?  Must you think that everyone else is your personal gopher?  Must people act like they are the center of the universe?  It is utterly mind boggling; and I, for one, have had enough of it!!!  Maybe we should all try to see ourselves as others see us.  What do you think, ladies and gentlemen?

Peace and love, my brothers and sisters.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree, I don't know why anyone acts like this and I think its sick. I'm currently pregnant and my clothes are getting tight, and guess what? I went out and bought BIGGER ONES!!! I don't understand how people find jobs when they act like this. Perhaps they had no parents, or perhaps those parents never taught them a thing, but I am certainly on your side here. Something should be done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like a proper, decent , wholesome , right thinking, self sufficient CONSERVATIVE - NOT a godless, self obsessed, lazy, bloody liberal.

    ReplyDelete