Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Wanton Disregard For Human Life..............

You know what I don't understand?  I don't understand the absolute disregard for human life in this day and age.  The latest example comes to us from New York City.

Woman Burned Alive In Brooklyn Elevator; Man Arrested

No Bail For Man Accused Of Burning Woman Alive

Man Suspected Of Torching 73 Year Old Woman Charged With Murder And Arson

Neighbors Hold Vigil For Woman Burned Alive In Elevator

That's right, folks.  A 73 year old woman was burned to death in an elevator.  Burned to death.  The rationale?  According to the alleged assailant, the victim owed him $2000.  Burned to death.  Over two grand.  If anyone out there can think of a more horrific way to die, please share it because I cannot.  This woman was killed in the most bone chilling manner imaginable over a debt for doing odd jobs.

What type of animal looks another human being in the eye, douses her with fuel, and sets her alight; walking away as she screams in agony as the flames take the life from her?  Where is the regard for another human life?  Why such cruelty and barbarism?  It is bad enough that people will kill over money, but to kill in this way?  I just don't get it.

I realize that there have been examples of unspeakable evil throughout human history, but it seems to me like there are more examples in our current society.  If we don't start respecting and caring for each other as members of the human race, I fear our civilization is doomed.

Peace and love, my brothers and sisters.

1 comment: