Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sandusky And His Attorney Equate Child Molestation With Football?

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have made a point to avoid commentary on the sexual abuse allegations currently swirling around Penn State's football program, but something I saw today really struck me as unfathomable.

It seems that both Mr. Sandusky and his attorney, Joseph Amendola, are essentially equating Mr. Sandusky's impending trial with football.  Please review the attached video clips that were recorded shortly after Mr. Sandusky waived his right to a preliminary hearing this morning.

Sandusky Vows To "Fight For Four Quarters".

This Is Bigger Than Penn State vs. Miami In 1986

Yes, you heard that correctly, folks.  Mr. Sandusky is "going to fight for four quarters".  This is "bigger than Penn State versus Miami in 1986."  "This is the game of Jerry Sandusky's life."  Really?

Folks, I know that Jerry Sandusky has been a football man for his entire life.  I know that Joe Paterno and Penn State are legendary in the world of college football.  Yet, it somehow seems to trivialize the whole matter of children allegedly being raped when football analogies are used to describe defense strategy.  It just strikes me that they aren't taking what was allegedly done to these young boys seriously.

So you tell me, dear readers, am I overreacting, or do you agree with me?

Peace and love, my brothers and sisters.


No comments:

Post a Comment