Monday, October 3, 2011

Does The Calendar Control What You Wear?

You know what I don't understand?  I don't understand why, on a gorgeous, sunny 75F (24C) day in West Lafayette, IN, I observed people wearing jackets and sweaters.  Mind you, this was in the middle of the afternoon when it was wonderfully warm and sunny.  Why in heaven's name would someone wear a jacket and/or sweater?  Is it because the calendar says "October"?  The thermometer still says 75F (24C). 

I just don't get that.  Is 75F (24C) cooler in October than in June because I will be you good money that these same people would have been wearing shorts and T-shirts if this were spring instead of fall?  Of course, I've seen people wear sweatshirts inside a 70F (22C) office because it is cold outside.  It is cold outside, but it is still warm in the office.  Why wear a sweatshirt inside in the winter when you wear a short sleeve shirt in the same office in the summer?  I've yet to see anyone freeze to death during their five minute walk from the car to the building.  Humans truly are odd creatures, aren't they?

Peace and love, my brothers and sisters.


No comments:

Post a Comment