Thursday, October 13, 2011

Is There No Respect For Human Life Anymore?

You know what I don't understand?  I don't understand what seems to an utter lack of regard for human life in this day and age.  Just from today's news, I have four examples of what I mean.

Home Invasion Mastermind Found Guilty

Custody Battle May Have Led To Shooting Rampage

Body Of 6 Week Old Infant Found In Woods

Body Found At Waste Facility

Now that you have read these articles, dear readers, and are sufficiently disgusted, do you see my point?  I realize that humans have killed each other since the beginning of time, but am I alone in thinking that the crimes are more frequent and more horrific than in the past?  Do we no longer have respect for the gift of life?  It almost seems like our species has become desensitized to violence and death.  It as if murder has been glamorized, and the killers try to be as cruel as possible. 

How did we get here, ladies and gentlemen?  What has happened to our society?  What has happened to us as human beings?  As for me, I feel that the continued focus of so many people on themselves, and themselves only, with no regard to others or others' feelings.  What do you think, friends?

Peace and love, my brothers and sisters.

3 comments:

  1. What I do understand is this: there never was any such respect, at least not universally. Have you ever picked up a book about American history? Start with the genocide of the native people of this land, and the enslavement of peoples of Africa, and go from there.

    You have to keep in mind, friends, as sad as it may be, that our great nation and culture is built upon a strong foundation of bloodshed, oppression, and misery. This is our heritage, a part of who we are, though obviously not the only part. It does have a powerful impact on society today, not least because it is still going on in some regards. Until we can accept this reality, we cannot, as a people, begin to heal from it. Without healing and compassion, there will only be a continuation of the cycle of violence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The laws are not strict enough. These criminals get a slap on the hand and back on the street they go. My son just got shot in a robbery and luckily survived. They are lucky he survived cause i would have taken the law into my own hands. Vigilante we need stricter laws to protect the citizens of this country. Too many victims. Innocent victems. Stop the killings

    ReplyDelete
  3. The laws are not strict enough. These criminals get a slap on the hand and back on the street they go. My son just got shot in a robbery and luckily survived. They are lucky he survived cause i would have taken the law into my own hands. Vigilante we need stricter laws to protect the citizens of this country. Too many victims. Innocent victems. Stop the killings

    ReplyDelete