Tuesday, April 26, 2011

20 Years In Prison For Trying To Educate A Child?????

You know what I don't understandd?  I don't understand how an ocassionally homeless mother can be facing twenty years in prison (and a $15,000 fine) for using a friend's address to enroll her son in a better school system.  http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110425/us_yblog_thelookout/rally-for-prosecuted-homeless-mom-who-sent-son-to-a-better-school-district  To add insult to injury, the friend has been evicted from public housing for allowing the mom in question to use her address.

So let me see if I have this straight.  This young lady, who we can only assume has fallen on hard times, faces twenty years--two decades--in prison for trying to send her son to a better school.  Really?  Yet the CEOs of the big banks, investment firms, insurance companies, and mortgage brokers, with their seven and eight figure salaries, who almost brought down the entire American financial system don't even get prosecuted??  Murders, rapists, and child molestors regularly do less time than this, but this woman faces being imprisoned untl 2031???

The school system claims that this young lady "stole their services", yet the city filed the case against her, not the school system...................

What the hell is wrong with this country?  Someone please tell me.  Someone please explain how this is justified.  Someone please tell me how wanting a decent education for their child can cost a mother twenty years of her life.  Someone please tell me.

And while I am at it, someone please explain it to the gentleman in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDJdtO2DWEU&feature=share

Peace and love, my brothers and sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment